Fifth Day of Ramadan. Decisions and Imposition

Registration for Putrajaya Night Marathon  is open. For a few days already.

I have yet registered for it.

Zaini and I ran the half marathon in Putajaya Night Marathon last year. I ran my first Putrajaya Night Run in 2011, doing a 10K. This year, I am still undecided which category to register for. A natural progression would be a full marathon?

The thing is, this year the Putrajaya Night Marathon will be held on the night of Oct 19th. On the morning on Oct 20th, Adidas King of the Road will be held. I would love to run both.
Adidas King of the Road is special, because when else does one get to run on a road that is totally closed for traffic during a race? I can even monkey around, lie on the road and stuff.

Some of us are actually seriously thinking about doing both. Like, really. Doing a back-to-back events.

I think it will be a unique experience.

But then, to do both will be subjecting one or two family members to tag along and wait for me for hours. Like someone *ehem* mentioned to me more than once; it's one thing for me to subject myself to this kind of suffering but to somehow involve unwilling victims family members to experience it with me would be another.

So now, the question still remains. What do I sign up for? Decisions, decisions.

I've gotten more and more comments from strangers/runners over at FB about my two boys who had patitently waited for me. It's kinda hard to miss them because they usually would station themselves midpoint of any races, take photos till I arrived then rushed back to the finish line and waited for me. For people to notice them is great. Yes, they are my marvelously patient supporters and I am a very lucky gal to have them.
Photo credit : Mohd Hishamudin
That's why I try not to abuse the support they give me. (Like making them sleep for a mere 3-4 hours while I run two races, maybe?) Hmm...

Comments

  1. You are so lucky to have such patient supporters beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...kinda hard to decide leh...but if full marathon then next morning able to run ka?

    Unless the next morning run is for fun. No aim of chasing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As fir the biys...susah nak comment as its family matter. Kena la bawa ke "mahkamsh keluarga" and bincang. Sure to have a solution best for everyone.

      Delete
    2. The best solution is usually what I think us the best! GAGAGA

      I have easy going family so it's just a matter of how much I'm willing to impose on them. ;-)

      Delete
    3. P.s. I always do fun run. I run slow, always. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Bribe 'em, says I. If that fails, blackmail, intimidation and violence.

    I think you're completely crazy - as you know - grin! - but what the heck, once a year, go nuts. I've got a funny feeling the two boys won't mind. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says a true jungle woman.

      I wanna do both which means the logical thing would be doing a 21k + a 10k the next morning but then, I am also tempted to do a full marathon.

      hur hur

      Delete
  4. You are blessed to have such a sporting, patient and supportive support crew, your boys... Kami yang runners nih menumpang glam dlm pictures je hehee...

    Well, IMHO, there's no harm doing a Full Marathon for PNM and an easy peasy 10km recovery run the next morning... Abeslah jd zombie runner, due to lack of sleep.. @_@

    Decide Sis decide... Sure make a wise one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha

      Registering is one thing. Actually doing it is another.

      I have to reflect deep in myself to decide because I do not want to enter just for the sake of entering or because all my friends are doing it.

      We'll see. ^^

      Delete
    2. Whatever that you've decided, you will always have our love and support, the Le Sabuns Ultra and KraziRunners Sistas... Mihmihmihh... =D

      Delete
    3. You should totally do back-to-back. FM + 16.8K.

      Training for TNF Thailand.

      mihmihmih ;-)

      Delete
  5. oh belum lagi ke?? I thought the Putrajaya Night Run was over, maybe because I remembered your post last year?? hahahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you were thinking about last year. :P

      Delete
  6. wow, back-to-back huh?? that sounds very interesting, and it means it will be like 80km for you if you decided to run full marathon for both, and probably no time to even take a break??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lah. Not 80K! I'd do an 80K run if I'm training for an ultra marathon but thankfully I'm not. Hahaha

      PNM max is 42.195km.

      King of the road only has two categories : 10K and 16.8K. Most of the runners thinking about doing a back-to-back race will be doing 21K at night then continue running a 10K in the morning. xD

      There should be like 3-5 hours rest in between the two races. ;)

      Delete
  7. I guess both your boys will never be bothered about having to sleep less and wait at the events.. they are sure supportive enough and happy to motivate and encourage you.. what I think would bother then more is to worry about you having enough enery and stamina to do two runs back-to-back.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm to do both, I plan to run very sloooooooowly. ;)

      Delete
  8. I guess you would want to do both, what's bothering you is the boys.. just talk to them and I am sure they are the best persons to help you with the decision.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked. Several times. The older one never answer.

      He said it is up to me. Which is even worse because I'm so undecided.

      I do have delusions of grandeur. And that's a problem. huhuhu

      Delete
    2. You sure sounds like Letchumi. It was often that she could not decide and made wrong decisions at the end. I think need to toss the coin for help. Muahahaha

      Delete
    3. and put my trust in chance? ;)

      Delete
  9. All in the family, so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so fortunate to have 2 angels sent to be your bodyguards! They are your best supporters around to serve you on hand and foot. That makes all your runs more exciting for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! I am!

      But not serve me hand and foot la. Sounds macam my servant pulak! LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts