It's A Fun Run

For RM15, I entered Standard Chartered Fun Run in Putrajaya this morning. It was free for the past two years. OK, so last year the t-shirts were only given to the first 1,000 runners who registered and this year it's given to all "finishers". Cheh... finisher apa. We can collect the t-shirts before the start of our run. Might as well give them out during race pack collection. At least people can wash them and wear them on race day.

8K run today. It was supposed to be my tempo run. I wanted to hold a 6:40 pace for this run.

Buttt....
Bunny was lazy.

Bunny's leg felt jelly today so running was a tad uncomfortable. The heart was willing, the legs weren't. Hmph.

Bunny was hungry too. She skipped breakfast because she had no appetite and only had half a cup of Ribena.

Bunny ran with her water bottle not because she wanted to, but because the hubby refused to hold it for her. Harumph.

Anyways, plenty of participants were excited because the new Youth & Sports Minister flagged-off the run.
No.... he's not the pot-bellied one.

Flag-off was just a few minutes after 7.15am (which was the supposed starting time) OK la tewww.... 

Somebody said the MC announced the "bunny runner" was passing through at the start line. Ala... How come I didn't hear that. HAHAHA

It was too darn crowded from the get-go : few thousand runner, two lane road with parked cars on the side. @.@

I ended up running on the pavement. Which is where Khairi said a cheery hi to me and sayured me totally after that. LOL
Remember this guy, HHBC members? I post this for Yannie & Ah Hua to drool over. ^^

At KM2, a GC member runner said hi and we chatted for a few minutes before he sped-off. He was doing a "fun run pace" that's why I managed to stay with him for that few minutes. Ahahah

Did the first 3K in 19min and arriving to the first water station, I stopped and walked on the grass instead of the concrete pavement. Rilek la... Fun run kan? 

We ran on the road for 3K then it was on the jogging track beside the lake for us (and it was behind somebody's backyard at Presint 18).

I guess I lost my focus here. Nearly sprained my ankle when I slipped off the jogging track when I tried to overtake a particularly loud and annoying runner who were pacing another runner and was motivating him ala bootcamp instructor style. 

OK, so you were trying to motivate your runner. But is it helpful to other runners to listen to you hollering at the top of your voice with "encouragements" like this :
"Let's overtake the "kak long" a.k.a. older lady in front" 
"Cut that girl in front of you"
"Yeah, you managed to overtake the lady"
"Kak... don't run too slow"
I was like... WTF? And why pick on the ladies? The makcik-makcik ones some more? Haish.

And then there was this guy who were singing loudly as he was passing me. Yeah, so you can sing while running but in my mind I was like "arrogant bastard" HAHAHA 
Too darn hot already by the time I pass the Seri Gemilang Bridge. Zaini stationed himself there for a while but I didn't notice he was there hence the no smile shot. Dizzy from running already kot. 

The second water station was a few metres ahead and I took my time there, enjoying two full cups of 100-Plus. Thirsty lah.

Walk, walk a bit and only started to run after a volunteer encouraged Bunny. Nothing like random strangers saying "BUNNY!" to make her run. 

We ran 1K towards the Seri Saujana Bridge before looping back to and made our way back to the start/finish line. First 3K was 19min. Second 3K so lazy already and was done at 21:46min. *slap forehead* The final 2K was 13:16min. Yeah, no final dash to the finish for me.
If dash to finish, how to take photos, I ask you? It's not as if I was aiming for a podium placing. So run, run, wave, wave lor. Actually, I didn't even smile or wave to cameramen seen photographing along the route today. No mood.

Finishing was anti-climatic. Other than a 100-Plus stall & a mineral water stall, there weren't anything else in terms of refreshment for runners. I know. I know. It's a RM15 event BUTTTTTT can't the organiser (which has a big bank's name as a sponsor) even have a bun/bread to give out for runners? An apple? Or just a banana?

For a RM20 university students running event also can get a t-shirt (cotton ones la, but I don't mind), medal (cheapo only but I don't mind too) and a snack pack. PLUS Milo vans. Why StanChart Fun Run events in 2012 & 2013 (dunno about 2011 as I didn't join that one) got no Milo vans ah?

Since I am Malaysian and a wee bit kiasu, Zaini & I hoard mineral water bottles. We took a total of eight mineral water bottles! Bad Bunny!

Met a few runners after the run. Chatted a bit until Zaini got bored. Kesian that guy. Raimie wasn't around because he caught Mommy's flu/cough bug and wasn't feeling well.
 With the ever cheery Khairi and Bett
With Bett and Has, loooooong after the run. We were chit-chatting, gossiping and checking out each other's gears. Bett had a nice and fast new red shoes. Has has a new Nike GPS watch. ^^

Left after this shot was taken and we walked towards PoJ and saw the Ekiden runners still running (the C runners). Saw a member of team Acorn too. Remember I posted their photos at the Pisang Relay post? 

I may whine, I may complain but I am glad I had this event because otherwise, I'd chose to sleep instead of running. Am getting so darn lazy lately. Can I blame the weather for my lethargy? 

Comments

  1. Bunny why leg jelly?
    Had a tough exercise last night lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got somewhat distracted by the six pack, but then I refocused on the bunny ears. :D

    Kak long? So *that's* what I am? (I use the first word in the Malay sense, not the Afrikaans one. Grin.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kak Long is a name male used to call any random lady, not necessarily older than he is. At this age though, I am just happy to be called a "kak" than an auntie! An auntie would be "kak"! (in the Afrikaans word, not the Malay one) xD

      Delete
  3. fuhh, your run was full of attitude ha? kekeke everything no mood! :P

    i guess you and i suffering the same symptoms at the moment. :X

    but yeah, no banana or bun! apa lah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good thing no show finger to anyone! miahaha

      Not even a banana. Yeah, apa la...

      Now thinking of watermelons for next week. hehehe

      Delete
  4. Weather making you lethargic? Weather is making me feel like hibernating here :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too hot here! Wish I can enjoy some Spring/Autumn season now.

      Winter would be too cold. :-D

      Delete
  5. They give out the "fnisher" T-shirt before start coz they have confidence that you ill finish la :p *tambah minyak to the fire mode*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now bunny runner femes ady

      Delete
    2. agree with you about the shouting...jgn cakap shouting like that la ...even sometimes in a line at the supermarket or book shopping got people talk loudly like the whole place belongs to them also makes me irritated

      Delete
    3. The MC la suka2 call it a finisher tee. It should be an event tee. Give out earlier better la.

      Yeah, hate loud ppl esp the ones putting down others. Want to encourage his friend also, no need to be so loud & demeaning to others la... :|

      Delete
  6. haah la lps lari langsung x de apa nk dimakan. air mmg x ambik la sbb dah belasah 2cup ms lat station tu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. baiknyer Has. I pulun gak 100-plus kat WS tp lepas habis, still dok cilok air mineral byk2. :-D

      Delete
  7. No more gold but silver hunk!

    *wipe my excessively overflown saliva.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He makes me forgot what I want to comment here.

      Delete
    2. And he made all the lady runners smiling all the way ♥

      Delete
    3. I knew it!

      I managed to lure Ah Hua to come visit & comment w hunky silver dust man. :-D

      Delete
  8. wah, ini Mak Lari so happy running here and there every weekend huh?? even jelly-legged also she must run!! good, run Lari run!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sudah register already so rugi if didn't go lah. :-D

      Delete
  9. sure Yannie and Ah Hua drooling and pancuting looking at the golden man!! hahahaha.. and so many interesting people during the run huh?? i see the guy behind him running barefooted somemore!! boleh ke??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's why I put the guy's photo there. So the ladies can drool over him. LOL

      Running barefoot? Can... While not everyone can do it, there's a number of Malaysian runners running barefoot. There's even a barefoot running clinic last weekend at Lake Gardens. :-)

      Delete
  10. aiyoh, no photo of your medals this time?? too busy hoarding free mineral water till you have totally forgotten about that?? hmmm, you are a bad bad bunny Mak Lari~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun Run only, no medals. Only top three winners got medals so I got busy hoarding free mineral water lorrrr. :-D

      Delete
  11. "Am getting so darn lazy lately. Can I blame the weather for my lethargy?"... errr, maybe you have been running too much?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been running less! Three times a week lately and instead of 30-50km weekly mileage, it's reduced to 20km per week. How? O_O

      Delete
    2. like that only one possibility.. OLD already~~ :D

      Delete
    3. Haip! Piak SK's head. :-D

      Delete
  12. Congratz Kak Lina! Still running despite jelly legs n annoying bunch of people along the way... They should learn some courtesy too... Running etiquette I mean... U should run Hat Yai or Songkhla, Sis... Super flat n early start too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratz Kak Lina! Still running despite jelly legs n annoying bunch of people along the way... They should learn some courtesy too... Running etiquette I mean... U should run Hat Yai or Songkhla, Sis... Super flat n early start too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running etiquette... Ah well, can't be too serious abt it at fun runs kan? ;-)

      Congrats to you on another marathon! All the best for 5:30 at SCKLM pulak. :-)

      p.s. Yesterday's route pun almost super flat. Bosan lak... HAHAHA

      Delete
  14. Eh! Lina, not bad la! You finished 8km run in less than an hour. That's fast. I still can't do 8km/h in my gym so far. The best record was 7.5km/h.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fulamak! The iron man's body is damn "chun" la!

      My jin jin doesn't have six packs like him also.

      Delete
    2. it's slow la. I even walked, stopped drink water and "disturb" ppl while running. LOL

      Jin Jin has other "packs" to make Yannie happy right? Muahaha ^_~

      Delete
  15. Ni brekfes kan? Buat cpt nk blk je nk isi perut dh nyanyi2..

    Mmg tak perasan yur hubby dok atas jmbtn tu.. kalo tak mesti la dh berposing sakan..

    N thx for the picca.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pun x nmpk dia. Dah pandang jambatan tu dari jauh tp tah mana dia menyorok. Hahahah

      Yang kelakar, dia random amik gambar, dpt lak tu snap photo hubby you & Has. Bagus punya instinct tu. ;)

      Delete
  16. Alamak!!! My comments missing!!! I commented below SP and tembak him punya. Yerrrr! I forgot what I said already.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must say that I am impressed with that Silver bodied runner showing off his assets. If I had such barangs, i would run in underwear only!! Muahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts