A Wedding Last Weekend

We attended a wedding last weekend. Zaini doesn't really like to attend weddings but he did cave-in this time. No photo of the bride and groom here. I'll ask them later if they minded.

Nasi minyak (lit. means oily rice). A must for a Malay wedding feast, served with chicken or meat dishes and some acar. Absolutely delicious but oh the calories count! Zaini, eve vigilant of his weight, just ate a piece of chicken and some of those lovely beef dish without any rice.

What Malay wedding would be complete without the bunga telur? A nice miniature handbag filled with an egg for the ladies and a box of wajik (sweetened sticky rice) for the men and children got a pack of candies.

Me and Raimie after the kenduri.

Comments

  1. fc fc!!!

    cute mom and son pix! that's a cute souvenir +)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never receive a miniature handbag before. i used to attend many malay weddings and the ones i have is a collection of miniatures vases that makes lovely centerpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what i like about attending wedding .Always got freebies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ayie,
    I love getting all those souvenirs from weddings. They are getting more and more creative now too.

    @Life Ramblings,
    I have plenty of vases too and this is actually my first time receiving a miniature handbag. They are cute, aren't they?

    @Willie,
    Free eats and free gifts, eh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to attend Malay wedings for the Nasi Minyak. :D

    I collect Bunga Telor too. But these days I have lesser young Malay friends and they are all married.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ECL,
    Wait for Raimie's wedding! We'll give you a nice Bunga Telur. :)

    Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never attend any Malay wedding...wanted to attend but got no chance. Maybe wait for Raimie's wedding next time. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Superman,
    hahaha... Maybe can have a gathering of old folks bloggers too then. :D

    @Farah,
    Happy posing depan kamera. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like to attend weddings and wedding dinners too! I thought you just attended two weddings recently?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @foong,
    that was family... so had to attend.

    For friends and colleagues, I might just have to "tumpang" others if I want to go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts