Of 250 Flight Of Stairs

This past few days, I've been crazy enough to agree with Raimie to use the stairs, both going up and down to his grandpa's house on the 15th floor. That means, 250 stairs going up and 250 stairs going down when I came to pick him up after work. Today, I went up using the lift, then went down with Raimie by the stairs to buy some food, went up the stairs with my two hands laden with plastic bags and an hour later went down using the stairs again to our car.

I do envy my energetic boy. Remember when we were younger and we can play the whole day and not get tired? I wish I have the same energy level now.

One thing good from this madness, I get to have a little bit of workout. Don't laugh, I know you probably can do better but I'm happy just not getting dizzy climbing all that stairs! LOL

That and a little bit mucking around with dumbbells at home are all that I managed to do nowadays. I've yet the time to be re-acquainted with my poor neglected treadmill stashed away in a corner. ;D

Comments

  1. Well, it was a good start. And if you keep going that way, you'll feel better and better. Got to make time for the treadmill though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 storeys!? *sweats*
    I'm already panting walking up to the 3rd storey of my house.

    *salute Lina*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BK,
    that treadmill of mine will be visited soon. :D

    @ECL,
    wat to do, have to do a bit of exercise even if fasting. Climbings stairs doesn't make me thristy. :D But I do sweat buckets! @_@

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are very hardworking Lina! I'm too lazy to do workouts. I'm ok already with my leisure weekly walk. So lazy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @*lynne*,
    I'm trying not to be too idle during the Ramadhan month. :D Thanks. :)

    @Ayie,
    Your weekly walk is ok too right? As long as we get moving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Tgk tangga je dah letih huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Farah,
    Masih semput jugak walapun dah seminggu panjat tangga. Huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually I walked alot each day. Round trips -1hr from house to station n another 40mins from station to office building. I used to lose alot of wt in the first year then. The plateau has stuck relentlessly since *big sigh*

    Btw, does the treadmill really do the trick ? Am thinking of procuring one (yes, am feeling kinda desperate with the wt creeping up on me) :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Dutchie,
    my, you really walk a lot! I would've been pretty satisfied if I get the same workout like you.

    I don't know whether the treadmill will do the trick for you, because I've also been stuck with my weight. But on the plus side, I've gotten much leaner and with more stamina than I used to.

    OTOH, I'm kinda partial to Elliptical machine nowadays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!!Blog hopping here..Hope to see you on my page..God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah but I think I'll have to add more days to my weekly...it happens to be like once a week now. hehe, getting too much into work and not having much time for my walks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ayie,
    time & work are always a factor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wah! Not bad ah, Lina! Can climb up 15 storeys! If no puasa, I also can lah. But if I puasa, I think I will faint halfway. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @foong,
    If not puasa, I don't want to climb all that stairs! @_@

    ReplyDelete
  15. Actually climbing stairs is an excellent alternative to hitting the gym. This is not from me but a personal trainer. Only, don't do too much of it just like you won't keep lifting dumbbells everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Jim,
    My trainer actually made me do steps training at the gym too! I actually hated the stairs. Maybe it's my knees... :D

    After a week out of the gym, I'm sorely missing the weight training.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts