More Fruits To Enjoy At Jom Makan Buah Promo

We went to Taman Warisan Pertanian again on Saturday to take advantage of their Jom Makan Buah (Let's eat fruits) promotion there. If you remember, we were there last week for their Local Fruits Promotion.

Zaini's siblings tag along this time for a merrier time buying and eating fruits.

Plenty of local fruits for sale and we had fun sampling them.




Tasting a salak fruit. It was good. We bought some salak fruits, pulasan (a fruit similar to rambutans), rock melons and...
then zeroed on the durians. Others were jostling for the durians too. The King of fruit seems to be in high demand/short supply at the promotion that there were no more durians for sale when we got there. Those durians were a last minute addition to the stall and most visitors hurried over to get their hands on some.
Eating the durians there.

There were tables and chairs set up with tents and sinks for washing hands at the place. We bought 3 big durians and 1 small ones for just RM15.00. But these durians sure can't beat the durians I ate when I'm back to my hometown in Raub.
Before gorging ourselves with our durian bounty, we had some Haji Samuri's satay kajang there. The above photo is birds crowding over some dirty plates, enjoying the satay's peanut sauce before the dirty plates were taken away for washing.
Then we headed off to Alamanda for some retail therapy and after a few hours walking around the mall, we hit a mamak place for some late night snack.

Comments

  1. Duriannnn!! Tak sempat mkn mase blk aritu....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TH,
    have some! :)

    @Farah,
    Jangan kempunan arr.... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. much has been said about the popular kajang satay. but i haven't try it before. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fruits are my favourite food! Especially durians! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what? I only learnt about the salak and pulasan fruit recently during a buffet dinner at PJ Hilton! *malu*

    Didn't know such fruits exist!

    Anyway, I find the pulasan like rambutans, though I prefer rambutans because the latter is more watery and moist.

    The salak took me some time to get used to, it initially looked like a clove of garlic to me! But the flesh is dry and crunchy, not too bad! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, whole day of shopping and eating! Durian is really a favorite there ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Life Ramblings,
    Never say never. :D There'll be chance for you to eat some as the famous satay kajang can be eaten not only in Kajang now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @foong,
    so city boy ah you? :D
    You should try pickled salak one day. They are to die for (for me, at least).

    Should try and go eat at PJ Hilton. They serve local fruits there... that's good. You belanja me at PJ Hilton, I belanja you at Gardens. Deal? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ayie,
    Hahaha... I told my husband that we'll be able to hit more places when we go to Japan, as we didn't get tired out even after 4 hours of walking around a mall. (And we went to two malls!) All that hours in the gym has paid off. LOL

    Yeah, we love our durians.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have the durians!! So long I haven't eaten mangosteens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can give my durians to ECL! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I am a 100% city boy. That's why I like to go kampong for holidays. Haha!

    I can belanja you buffet at PJ Hilton, you belanja me buffet at The Spread, Gardens. Not a bad deal.Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ECL & Ayie,
    can share the durians? :D

    @foong,
    Go for early bird, can get 50% discount at Spread. :D
    When? When? When?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts