Checking Out Backyard Monsters And Dinosaurs

I finally gave in to Raimie relentless requests to drop by the MidValley Exhibition Centre to see the Backyard Monsters and Dinosaurs exhibition.

When buying the ticket, I was informed by the counter staff there that the so-called staff discount wasn't in the system and they had no idea of the discount. There was one other girl planning to buy tickets with the staff discount but was also told by the counter staff to wait for them to clarify with their supervisors. A long call was made to their supervisors and finally we got the our discounted tickets, but the whole scenario left a bad taste in my mouth. (I would've left in a huff if it wasn't for Raimie making doe-eye to me. I try to refrain myself from acting like a b**ch in front of him)

A colleague of mine told me how the organiser would not honour the price printed on their bunting and posters when she went there on the first day of the exhibition - RM8 entrance fee for children 8 - 15 years old and instead insisted to charge visitors an entrance fee for children age 5 and above despite the fact that a bunting was positioned there for everyone to see. They later took away the bunting and posters and put up a notice that it was a print error. Nobody bothered to do a check on those bunting earlier?

We went there at 7.30pm on Friday, and most booths set up outside the exhibition area and those inside (the Pleo booth) were already closed except for the MAKNA booth even though the exhibition is from 10am - 10pm. Raimie wanted to buy a souvenir t-shirt, but since the booth was closed, I was saved from parting with my RM25.00. Phew! Hehehe

How was the exhibition? Maybe a bit disappointing for adults but Raimie seems to have fun looking at huge insects and arachnid and not to forget the dinosaurs. He actually made me take a total of 5 rounds around the exhibition area! Definitely a good educational exhibition for children but I think if you want to see Dinosaurs, you'd do better checking out DinoTrek at KLCC.

But I admit I kinda enjoyed the exhibition afterwards because of Raimie's enthusiasm in trying out and looking and touching everything. The joy of being a kid and not be too judgmental like us adults, eh?

Some photos of the exhibition:

A happy boy

Happy boy with two tickets - one for Mommy and one for him


A mosquito simulation


Raimie trying to find the camouflage insects

Through the eye of a fly

Comments

  1. Gotta say Raimie was the saving grace, without him life on that day would have been totally ruined. Thank God he's here xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jim,
    I'm more mellow now that I'm a Mom. Thank goodness. :D

    @Blogger Rise,
    everyday that you love is a great moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you didn't act like a b****h in front of Raimie. haha! Mom must be good role model yes?

    Sometimes when the kid enjoy himself, the mother also feel happy, even if the exhibition sucks, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. While you seems to be more mellow now, I am sure you learn a lot of stuff being a mum. Sometimes, children can teach us a lot of stuff and rekindle our childhood memories : )

    At times I feel like going back to the time when I was a little boy and with mum holding my little hand, guiding me and making sure that everything is gonna be alright in the world.

    Hey! Happy Mother's Day ...hehe...its just around the corner anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @foong,
    a happy kid will always be enough for any parents. :)

    @jason,
    Well, I learnt not to use my child as a place to release any pent-up emotion. Not to squash whatever self esteem he has in him just to make myself feel good. And I will never ever beat my child for any mistake he does.

    p.s. and I try hard not to turn into my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that being said, I do wish to teach Son to climb a tree, catch fish in a stream and run around a field with nary a care. Too bad he is too much a city boy to want to do all that. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least your son enjoyed himself so much and you seeing that made up for all the crap!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts