Time For Some Rojak and Cendol!

After sending a Samsonite bag for repair in the morning at the service centre in Jalan Maarof, I stopped by the Petronas Station nearby to have some mamak rojak (pasembur) and cendol. Wah, it's been so long since I last ate these two at a mobile stall.


My rojak and cendol

Busy on the ice machine preparing my ice for the cendol

Ice machine & rojak gravy
Two rojak (one with sotong) and two cendols = RM12.20. My tummy is full and I am happy. :)

What is rojak and cendol?
Rojak Mamak (pasembur) contains fried dough fritters, bean curds, boiled potatoes, prawn fritters, hard boiled eggs, bean sprouts and cucumber mixed with a sweet thick, spicy peanut sauce.
Cendol is a dessert originating from Jawa, Indonesia. Among the ingredients are shaved ice, green noodles (the colouring came from the pandan leaf), coconut milk and palm sugar. Other add-on include red bean, sweetened corn and glutinous rice.
A good snack on hot day. It is a hot day today. Too hot, matter of fact. Ugh.
Do you know, my memory of Penang was eating pasembur by the seaside, with a view of the Penang Bridge. :)

Comments

  1. But I think our rojak is different from yours in Malaysia. We have 3 types of rojak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cendol, especially on a hot day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ECL,
    can try Singapore rojak when we get there. Want to join? My treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rojak mesti kena pekena dgn cendol.
    Rindu la plak nak mkn. Padahal aritu blk sket2 rojak utk mkn tengahari ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah.. suka rujak sm cendol ya??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like cendol, especially on a hot day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, it seems a bit expensive, one rojak and 2 cendol. But the cendol is very nice on a hot day so I agree that it is a good snack despite the price :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I like rojak and cendol - they are both like marriages made in heaven! So matching! That's why always see rojak being sold with cendol side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, it's now 3am and I'm still not asleep. Never mind, tomorrow can wake up late. Yippee!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, the rojak and cendol are hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Farah,
    pulun makan rojak hari tu ye? :D

    @bunda azka,
    ya, betul :)

    @umeko,
    cendol is heavenly on a hot day. Nyum nyum

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jim,
    two rojaks actually - one normal and one with sotong. :) Maybe a tad expensive though, but someone else was paying, I don't mind! LOL

    @foong,
    3 am still not asleep? Not afraid of ghost kah? Hehehe
    I usually will head to bed after 2 am. I got scared being up at 3am - 4am. @_@

    @Life Ramblings,
    I agree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not scared cos no ghosts in my house. But not sure about your house lah. Haha! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts