A Quintessential Malaysian Breakfast #2

Nasi Lemak is a coconut flavoured rice with spicy sambal, fried dried ikan bilis (anchovies), cucumbers, roasted peanuts and hard boiled eggs.

Lovely to be eaten simply with the above or with accompaniments such as chicken or beef rendang, sambal sotong (cuttlefish), kerang (cockle) or paru (beef lung which is my favourite).

Not confined to being just a breakfast item anymore, Nasi Lemak can be enjoyed 24 hours a day!

What is your favourite Nasi Lemak accompaniments?

Comments

  1. I don't eat nasi lemak for breakfast, as you know, I only eat fruits : )
    But I do eat nasi lemak for lunch. And I like to have petai in my nasi lemak : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. @foong,
    interesting. Cooked petai with prawns/anchovies or just those petai on their own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's petai with prawns and sotong and anchovies. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mine would be a traditional, simple nasi lemak accompanied with spicy sambal, anchovies, lotsa cucumbers, hard-boiled egg. i don't take sotong, petai, kerang or paru.

    i guess it's hard to please my taste buds, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @foong,
    yummy indeed. :)

    @life ramblings,
    the rice & sambal have to be really good to enjoy it simply. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. waa...nasi lemak and sambal petai...yummy..make me hungry...tomorrow i will buy it in front of my taman...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. @azlan,
    tapau one for me too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahha...I just had nasi lemak awhile ago this morning with simple condiments of ikan bilis sambal, egg and cucumber :) Yes, it's that quinessential Msian breakie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts